- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
- Biotin a vital nutrient beyond beauty
- Salaries delayed for Byju's 20,000 employees, CEO blames investors
- Bengal Edu Dept seeks district-wise list of ‘illegally-employed teachers’ still in service
- WhatsApp banned over 67L bad accounts in India in Jan
Assam becomes the 36th State to implement One Nation One Ration Card scheme
Assam has become the 36th State to implement the One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) scheme.
Assam has become the 36th State to implement the One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) scheme. With this, the One Nation One Ration Card scheme is successfully implemented in all the 36 states and Union Territories making food security portable throughout the country.
This scheme is aimed at enabling migrant workers and their family members to seamlessly lift their entitled subsidized foodgrains from any Fair Price Shop of their choice anywhere in the country. One Nation One Ration Card scheme has significantly contributed to ensuring subsidized foodgrains to beneficiaries especially migrant beneficiaries during the Covid pandemic. Within a short span of time, it covered 80 crore beneficiaries.
Since its inception in August 2019, about 71 crore portable transactions have taken place under this scheme, delivering foodgrains equivalent to Rs 40,000 crore as a food subsidy.
To make this scheme more seamless and swift, MERA RATION mobile application was rolled out. This mobile app is providing a host of useful real-time information to the beneficiaries and is available in 13 languages. So far, the App has been downloaded more than 20 Lakh times from the Google play store.