- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Maruti reports 1.6 pc rise in January sales at 1,54,123 units
The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Saturday reported a 1.6 per cent increase in sales at 1,54,123 units in January.
New Delhi: The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Saturday reported a 1.6 per cent increase in sales at 1,54,123 units in January.
The company had sold 1,51,721 units in January last year, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement. Domestic sales increased by 1.7 per cent at 1,44,499 units last month, as against 1,42,150 units in January 2018, it added.
Sales of mini cars comprising Alto and WagonR stood at 25,885 units as compared to 23,360 units in the same month last year, up 10.8 per cent. Sales of compact segment, including models such as Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno and Dzire, rose 11.6 per cent at 84,340 units as against 75,571 cars in January last year.
Mid-sized sedan Ciaz sold 835 units as compared to 2,934 units earlier. However, sales of utility vehicles, including Vitara Brezza, S-Cross and Ertiga, declined 26.6 per cent at 16,460 units as compared to 22,430 in the year-ago month, MSI said. Exports in January were up marginally at 9,624 units as against 9,571 units in the corresponding month last year, the company said.