- Cauvery dispute: SC orders must be based on reality: Basavaraj Bommai
- Household debt doubles in FY23, savings more than halves to 5.15 pc of GDP
- Football coach gets 20 years RI for raping girl of his own team
- Yediyurappa attacks Congress govt on Cauvery issue, says its understanding with ally DMK led to 'today's situation'
- Bengal school job case: ED submits name of Tollywood actor as beneficiary at Calcutta HC
- Naveen expels MLAs Soumya, Sudhansu from BJD
- Kejriwal bungalow renovation row: HC allows PWD officials to raise grievance with CAT
- HC asks BBMP to clear beggary cess dues in four months
- DGCA suspends Air India's Flight Safety Chief Rajeev Gupta for one month for certain lapses
- Karnataka CM, Dy CM meet Jal Shakti Minister, inform inability to release Cauvery water to TN
Chennai Airport Ranked Eighth In The World For On-Time Performance Among Large International Airports
- Chennai Airport holds the eighth rank in the world for on-time efficiency amongst large international airports for 2021.
- Dr. Kumar said that Chennai has an on-time departure rate of 89.32 percent on 70 routes studied by Cirium worldwide.
Cirium, a provider of aviation statistics to the travel, finance, aerospace, and aviation industries, has placed Chennai Airport holds the eighth rank in the world for on-time efficiency amongst large international airports for 2021. It is the only airport in India to be listed in the top ten. Miami Airport in the United States, Fukuoka Airport in Japan, and Haneda Airport in Japan are the top three.
Dr. Sharad Kumar, the director of Chennai Airport, credited all operating airlines. Dr. Kumar said that Chennai has an on-time departure rate of 89.32 percent on 70 routes studied by Cirium worldwide. They gained passenger and industry confidence through stakeholder participation and collaborative decision-making in airport procedures. He further added that the speedy exit taxiway (C1) and two parallel taxiways have previously been completed (R&N ). The commissioning of the multi-level carparkings will take place first in the New Year, followed by the commissioning of the new integrated terminal T2.l They were focusing on additional and supplementary facilities to increase our per-hour handling capacity
The airport's director stated that the passengers are regaining faith in air travel. We anticipate greater foot traffic and are preparing to expand our facilities and services accordingly. Domestic traffic has recovered by more than 80%, according to traffic statistics. All of our service providers are ecstatic to have international scheduled flights. Chennai Airport has devised precise strategies to increase operating capacity while also delighting customers.