- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Elakshi transported to period of Marathas
Actress Elakshi Gupta is thrilled about making her Bollywood debut with ‘Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior,’ which is about the battle of Sinhagad in 1670 that was fought between Tanhaji Malusare and Udaybhan Singh Rathod.
Actress Elakshi Gupta is thrilled about making her Bollywood debut with 'Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior,' which is about the battle of Sinhagad in 1670 that was fought between Tanhaji Malusare and Udaybhan Singh Rathod.
She says she felt like she was living in "that moment of the Maratha kingdom".
"I am playing the character of Soyarabai who was the wife of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. She was a strong woman. The most amazing part was the grand set of the film and the realistic feel of that era that it gave.
Everyone around was in the Maratha look, in the royal attire. I felt like I was living in that moment of the Maratha kingdom," Elakshi told IANS.
"I am paired opposite Sharad Kelkar who is playing the role of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the film. My scenes were with (actor) Ajay Devgn and it was great working with him.
He was very grounded and kind to everyone," she added about Ajay, who plays Tanhaji Malusare in the upcoming film.
Though Elakshi has featured in the web series "Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala", she is relatively new in the field. She has a background in modelling and is a dental surgeon too.
Still, she didn't face any problem while working on the big budget film.
"The whole team was very nice and the comfort was there, so I didn't face any problem as an actor. Also, I was observing the performances of the actors from whom I learnt many things.
I am thankful that I got this project with a healthy and positive working environment," she said. She is now looking forward to playing strong woman characters which she feels goes with her personality.
"I always wish to spread a positive message and if in the future, I get an opportunity to play such a role I would definitely grab it," she said.
'Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior,' produced by Ajay Devgn's ADF and Bhushan Kumar's T-Series, has been directed by Om Raut and will release on January 10, 2020.