- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
- As Centre's envoy visits, Tripura party firm on demand of ‘Greater Tipraland' state for tribals
- Don't keep so much hopes that people end up with broken hearts: Kapil on India's WC campaign
- VBA to hold peace rally in Mumbai in support of people of Palestine
- Benefits of input costs that lifted earnings despite muted revenue largely over
- Insta's algorithm offers child-sexualising reels to followers of teen influencers: Report
- Domestic equities positive after S&P raises India’s forecast
- Goa court summons Arvind Kejriwal in poll code violation case
- Maternal discrimination may affect baby’s brain development: Study
'Sye Raa...' hangover will grip the audience, says Surender Reddy
New-age director Surender Reddy claims that Megastar Chiranjeevi breathed life into the role of freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
New-age director Surender Reddy claims that Megastar Chiranjeevi breathed life into the role of freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. "I am feeling proud to be directing such an inspiring story.
Working with Chiranjeevi garu has been a wonderful experience because he can carry a larger-than-life role with ease," says the director, who gives credit to Chiranjeevi for making this magnum opus.
"If not for Chiranjeevi garu, this story wouldn't have been made at all," he quips. He thanks his writers and team for helping him to make a dream project.
"We all worked hard to deliver the best film in Chiranjeevi's career," he points out.
Surender Reddy read a lot about legendary fighter, "He was a great warrior who sent shivers down the spine of Britishers and how he terrified them is the core point of the movie," he adds.
Although director of 'Raccuguram' heard many stories of brave hearts from his childhood but this one is 'special' and 'inspiring'. "His story gave me goosebumps.
He was fearless and invincible warrior. His great story was almost for forgotten, but thanks to Chiranjeevi garu, he has bought the valiant efforts of the first freedom fighter on screen," he informs.
He believes that this fascinating story will grip the audience. "Every viewer will walk out with 'Sye Raa...' hangover due to Chiranjeevi's towering performance and the mesmerising story," he points out.
He is elated that the life of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy has been incorporated in Class 6 books three years ago in Andhra Pradesh. "He is a legend of sorts in his birth place and across Rayalaseema and people remember him through 'Burra Katha' during festivities.
After Class books, now, his fame will reach the world stage," he adds. He believes that every Indian should watch this movie to know about how great people sacrificed their lives during freedom struggle. "Our film is kind of a tribute to all freedom fighters," he added.
Talking about Amitabh Bachchan, he says "Big B is a legend and agreed to do this film because of Chiranjeevi garu. May be, I couldn't have got an opportunity to direct Bachchan saab, if not for 'Sye Raa...'. Similarly, top actors like Sudeep and Vijay Sethupathi and others put in their best," he informs.
He praises Chiru for showcasing varied shades in the role. "He is soft as well as ferocious and learned all the skills. He was mentally strong and made himself battle-ready.
There is love, wife and mother relationships which will be unique to this film. More than a biopic, I would say my story is inspired by true life incidents."