- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Drug addict uses intimate pics to blackmail wife for dowry
A woman was allegedly blackmailed by her husband using her obscene photos and videos to extract money from her to buy drugs and liquor.
Bengaluru: A woman was allegedly blackmailed by her husband using her obscene photos and videos to extract money from her to buy drugs and liquor.
The police have registered a case against Nagasomesh, 27, a resident of Rajajinagar, based on a complaint filed by his 24-year-old wife who is a resident of Malleswaram. As per the police sources, Nagasomesh, a native of Chikkamagaluru, married the complainant in 2021.
Within a few days after their wedding, Nagasomesh got drunk and started harassing his wife. His wife soon learned that her husband had many more bad habits, including drug addiction and sexual relationship with many women.
She also alleged that Nagasomesh had forced her to consume drugs as well. Soon, the accused ran out of money to buy drugs. He started attacking his wife and pestered her to get more dowry from her parents. As she refused to meet his demands, she was thrown out of the house.
In the police complaint, the women also said that her husband had clicked her nude pictures and videos of their intimate moments without her knowledge. Nagasomesh threatened to upload these explicit videos and pics on social media if she did not bring more dowry.
After these incidents took place, she informed her mother. According to the woman, her father-in-law knew wayward ways of her husband. When she complained to them about their son's behaviour, her in-laws asked her to look the other way. Instead of asking their son to mend his ways, they supported their son in demanding more dowry, she alleged.