- Women’s Reservation Bill: Could not make it Parliament due to traffic jam, says MP Komatireddy
- ‘Gopichand32’ regular shoot begins in Italy
- Allu Arjun becomes new face of Flipkart; here are some commercials of the ‘Pushpa’ actor
- Dulquer Salmaan, Venky Atluri’s ‘Lucky Baskhar’ shoot commences
- Increasing support for Naidu in the form of Post Cards
- PM Modi reaches BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’ in Bhopal, takes round of Jamboori Maidan
- PL Sector Report: Agro Chemicals & Fertilizers - Weekly Update – Crop acreages marginally up +0.3% YoY; Cumulative rainfall as on 20th Sep’23 down 7% YoY
- Rajasthan's heirtage forts are drivers of state's tourism economy
- Dengue cases in Bengal top 38K mark
- Vasundhara Raje gets into active mode ahead of PM's Jaipur visit
Hyderabad: Mayor Gadwal Vijayalakshmi holds review meeting on monsoon works
- Corporators requested to construct box drains and remove major obstructions for free flow of water
- Mayor appealed to the Corporators to field visit every morningto improve sanitation
Adarsh Nagar: Hyderabad Mayor Gadwall Vijayalaxmi held a review meeting on monsoon preparedness and pending works in Uppal Constituency on Thursday at Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) head office along with Deputy Mayor Mothe Srilatha, B subash reddy MLA and other GHMC officials.
During the meeting, Mayor enquired from the Corporators of Uppal Constituency about the progress of desilting nalas, monsoon-related works and even their suggestions in order to prevent inundation in monsoon.
The Corporators expressed their satisfaction on desilting the nalas in their respective wards and requested to replace the existing drainage pipelines with extra width pipes as the population in the colonies increased in many folds and few Corporators requested to construct box drains and remove major obstructions for free flow of water.
The Mayor instructed the officials to give details of monsoon teams and emergency vehicles to the Corporators so that they can contact those when needed and the Mayor appealed to the Corporators to field visit every morning and verify the attendance with SFAs and inspect the workers in the field in order to improve sanitation.
On the representation of works from the Corporators, the Mayor informed the Zonal Commissioner Upender reddy to inspect the places personally and issue instructions to the concerned to take action accordingly. SE, Ashok reddy, Dy Commissioner Aruna Kumari, Executive Engineers, AMOHs and ACPs were also present in the meeting.