- Tripura tribal party blocks state's lifeline over ‘Greater Tipraland’ demand
- Suvendu Adhikari submits list of 17 lakh ‘fake' voters in Bengal to ECI
- Aarogya Suraksha camp held in 17th ward of Krishna district
- WPL: 'We'll keep things simple and give our 100%,' says Delhi Capitals' Radha Yadav ahead of clash against RCB
- Sri Rukmini Satyabhama Sametha Venugopala Swamy Temple in Thimmapuram
- Alla Nani Participates in Alla Nani Athmeeya Sammelanam meeting
- Indian scientists ace 1st human clinical trial of haemophilia A gene therapy
- Tenth anniversary of Hanumachshastri was celebrated
- Congress announces candidates for Meghalaya Lok Sabha seats
- RBI beefs up Enabling Framework for Regulatory Sandbox
Telangana: Three posts for K Keshava Rao's family
After senior leaders K Keshava Rao and his son Viplav Kumar, Gadwal Vijayalakshmi is the third person in the family to get a post in the government
Hyderabad: After senior leaders K Keshava Rao and his son Viplav Kumar, Gadwal Vijayalakshmi is the third person in the family to get a post in the government. Gadwal Vijayalakshmi was elected as the Mayor of Hyderabad on Thursday.
There was discussion among the party leaders that three candidates from one family got three posts. The party leaders said that the Chief Minister ignored the criticisms by the opposition parties on the family rule and preferred giving one more post to the members of the family which is already enjoying two posts.
While Keshava Rao is the Rajya Sabha member and Parliamentary party leader, his son Viplav Kumar is the Chairman of Telangana Urban Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation and now his daughter.
According to sources, the chief minister had decided in favour of Vijayalakshmi because of the political equations. The BJP is wooing the BCs in Telangana and the president of the State unit is also a BC (Munnuru Kapu) under these circumstances, the TRS chief decided to give the post to the same community leader.
Interestingly the TRS chief preferred women for both the mayor and deputy mayor's post. The mayor's post was in the general woman category and deputy mayor was for general men.