- Intensify raids on ID liquor making units: SP
- Vijayawada: Electrification works going on at brisk pace
- Balineni starts distribution of house sites pattas in Ongole
- PM Modi inaugurates and lays foundation stone for development works in Sangareddy
- Eluru: Register expenditure details of candidates impartially, election staff told
- South African delegation meets CM at MCR HRD
- Dr Jitendra lays stone for first-ever ‘Science Experience Centre,’ ‘Biofuel Centre’
- Indira brain behind white revolution: Bhatti
- 48-km Sanathnagar-Moula Ali automatic signal line inauguration by PM tomorrow
- Lok Sabha Election 2024: BRS announces first list of candidates
University of Hyderabad scholar bags Elsevier-Vision award
Hyderabad: Shiva Ram, a PhD student of University of Hyderabad (UoH), on Thursday received the Elsevier-Vision Research Travel Award for his work on...
Hyderabad: Shiva Ram, a PhD student of University of Hyderabad (UoH), on Thursday received the Elsevier-Vision Research Travel Award for his work on colour and emotions in Dravidian culture at the Vision Science Society (VSS) meeting at St. Pete Beach, Florida, USA.
The Vision Science Society meeting is a prestigious annual meet for optometry and vision science professionals. It is organised annually with an international group of physiologists, physicists, geneticists, optometrists, ophthalmologists and vision scientists who have a research interest in the aspects of vision science and Optometry. This time amid the ongoing pandemic it was conducted virtually.
Shiva Ram is the only Research Scholar to receive this travel grant in PhD category from Indian Universities. Every year VSS receives 1,500 to 3,000 abstracts submission out of that only top 100 will be considered for presenting in the meeting.
The abstract presented by the scholar in this international conference will be published in the prestigious Journal of Vision –ARVO (Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology) in upcoming issues in 2021.
Shiva Ram is currently working under Prof BR Shamanna, School of Medical Sciences, the University of Hyderabad, and Prof Chakravarthy Bhagvati, Dean, SCIS, University of Hyderabad, and previously by the late Dr Rishi Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, School of Medical science, University of Hyderabad (2018-2020).
His project was collaborated by Senior Faculty member of Optometry Dr Baskar Theagarayan, University of Huddersfield, UK.