- Sex-racket busted in Palghar
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Srivari laddu preparation as per Dittam: Potu workers
- Triumph & Disaster: Treat the two impostors just the same
- Nov 14 talks between Centre, NSCN-IM inconclusive but not deadlocked: Naga group
- Centre aims at effective rollout of welfare schemes, says Nirmala
- Tough road ahead for Congress govt in TS
- Investigating various milk varieties
- Hyderabad: Women overwhelmed with free bus travel
A church pastor rapes a young woman in Tirupati
- Police booked case under IPC 376 and 506 sections
- Police not responded immediately in the case, after gave the complaint in Spandana, ASP ordered the police concerned for probe this crime.
Tirupati: A church pastor Devashayam allegedly raped a 20 years young woman in Renigunta Mandal of Thukivakam Village which comes under Gajulamandyam police station limits. In the brutal attack that woman severely injured, later she was admitted for medical treatment in Tirupati maternity hospital.
This issue came to the light by the intervention of human rights Chittoor District wing , AIDWA and DYFI organisations on Wednesday. They visited the hospital and expressed their console to her and assured they will fight for justice. According to Victims information, she is working as a sales girl in a private products selling marketing company which belongs to Devshayam.
On October 3 night 7 pm the accused picked up the victim woman from Tirupati renigunta road and reached Thukivakam village Rayal Sykam lay out which place was isolated. There he sexually assaulted and raped the victim.
Over this incident, the victim woman approached the Disha police station police SI two days later to lodge complaint. Allegedly they did not take the complaint from the victim woman. They directed her to go to Tirupati east police station to lodge the complaint. In Tirupati east police station police also refused to receive the complaint from the victim, they said that crime spot is not under their limits hence they refused to book FIR against the accused Devashayam.
Following the police negligence, victim approached the Tirupati Urban ASP Supraja in Spandana Programme and brought the rape incident to the notice of ASP. Responding to the victims petition ASP ordered the Gajulamandyam SI to register the case immediately. Whatever, on the higher official's orders police booked FIR on October 10 against the Devshaya on the rape charges. For this almost they took one week time to register a case against the accused pastor.
In the meanwhile, on Wednesday few women associations and peoples organisations met the victim in hospital where she is undergoing treatment for severe injuries. They enquired about the incident and demanded for suspension of Tirupati Disha Police station SI Himabindu. Because she refused to book the case under zearo FIR on this rape incident when the victim was approched her one week ago and SI advised to approach the east police.