- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Mantralaya Mutt seer offers prayers in Tirumala temple
Hails TTD’s move to open Vaikunta Dwaram for 10 days
Tirumala: The 45th Pontiff of Mantralaya Sri Raghavendra Swamy Mutt of Kurnool, Sri Subudendra Theertha Swamiji has offered prayers in the temple of Lord Venkateswara here on Wednesday.
Earlier on his arrival, he was received with traditional Isthika Phal honours (Pedda Maryada) amidst chanting of Veda Mantras at the sacred fig tree located near Old Annaprasadam Complex. After offering prayers to Bedi Anjaneya Swamy temple, he was led to Tirumala temple. He was
welcomed and accompanied by TTD EO Dr K S Jawahar Reddy and Additional EO A V Dharma Reddy.
Speaking to media persons outside the Tirumala temple, after darshan of Lord Venkateswara, he said the bond between Tirumala temple and Mantralaya Mutt has been continuing for a long time. "Mantralaya Mutt established by Sadguru Sri Raghavendra Swami has been following and preaching the tenets of Dvaita Siddhanta advocated by Sri Madhwacharya. Lord Venkateswara is the Kula Daiva of Sri Raghavendra
Swamy. We are continuing the tradition of visiting Tirumala temple every year and offering prayers to Lord. With the blessings of the Supreme Lord, the world will be free from Corona pandemic soon," he asserted.
Adding further, he hailed the decision of TTD board and mandarins to open Vaikunta Dwaram for ten days starting from Vaikuntha Ekadasi. "This decision has been taken by TTD after consulting the Peetadhipathi, Agama scholars and all the religious stalwarts. There is no deviation of Agama Shastra and a laudable decision in the larger interests of the pilgrims,'' he maintained.
Earlier, the Pontiff also participated in the Rig Veda Parayanam by the temple Veda pandits at Ranganayakula Mandapam in Tirumala temple.