- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
- Govt ready for structured debates in Winter Session: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Joshi
- Congress writes to PM Modi for implementation of Mandal Commission recommendations in Deemed varsities
- ED has filed its first chargesheet against AAP leader Sanjay Singh
- Ensure no further construction takes place adjacent to Ganga: SC to Bihar govt
- No Scindia, no traitor left in Congress: Digvijaya on eve of counting
- ‘Pindam’ storyline fascinated me: Producer Yeshwanth Daggumati
- Brahmanandam wraps key schedule of ‘Kannappa’
Rashtriya Seva Smithi bags farm award
Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) run under the aegis of Rashtriya Seva Smithi (RASS) has been conferred with the prestigious ‘Krishi Vigyan Kendra Samman Award’ in recognition of its outstanding service to the farming community.
Tirupati: Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) run under the aegis of Rashtriya Seva Smithi (RASS) has been conferred with the prestigious 'Krishi Vigyan Kendra Samman Award' in recognition of its outstanding service to the farming community.
The award which was instituted by Mahindra and Mahindra Group was presented by Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog and Pawan Kumar Goenka, Managing Director of Mahindra and Mahindra at an event held last evening in New Delhi to RASS general secretary Dr G Muniratnam, who received the award along with Senior Scientist Dr S Srinivasulu.
The award carries citation, memento and a cash prize of RS 2.11 lakh. RASS-KVK was chosen for the award for its yeomen services in agricultural and allied services and for promoting technically and economically feasible technologies which improve productivity, better resource efficiency, climate resilence and remunerative to the farmers in Chittoor district.
Speaking on the occasion, Amitabh Kant lauded the efforts of RASS-KVK which with the support of Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) conducting wide range of services for farmers in the backward Chittoor district. He also gave a call to replicate the success of the RASS-KVK to others of the country. It may be noted here that RASS-KVK earlier bagged Best KVK Award from ICAR.