- OSCAR Foundation to host UK Football Tour for underprivileged children
- Protests erupt in Karnataka after Supreme Court refuses to interfere with orders on release of Cauvery water to TN
- U'khand CM Dhami slams INDIA bloc over Sanatan Dharma row
- Nifty intra-day rises in the near term could face profit taking
- Asian Games: Swimming federation to the rescue as organisers give no time for acclimatisation
- India-Canada row: Domestic IT companies adopt wait & watch approach
- Families concerned over 'escalating tension' between India and Canada
- 1984 riots: Delhi court to record prosecution evidence on Oct 12 against Sajjan Kumar
- Madhapur drugs case: Narcotic Bureau issues notices to actor Navdeep
- Atishi pulls up engineers for poor condition of roads, waterlogging
Tirupati: Self-Help Groups women donate blood
- Camp organised by RASS
- 2,800 units of blood donated to Ruia hospital
Tirupati: Rashtriya Seva Samithi (RASS) management organised a blood donation camp at their building wherein women from about 100 Self-Help Groups donated blood to SV Ruia Hospital Blood Bank on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion, RASS project director V Nagaraju said they had organised the blood donation camp as the blood units stock reduced during the Covid pandemic situation. He said they would organise a minimum of 10 blood donation camps every year but due to pandemic situation they had to cancel such programmes.
Appreciating the women who donated blood, he said they had donated 2, 800 units of blood to the Ruia hospital.
Ruia Blood Bank officer Dr Purna Chandrasekhar Rao thanked RASS SHG women for donating blood and advised them to exercise daily to lead a healthy life.