- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
- Rahul promises immediate implementation of women reservation bill if voted to power
- Dengue cases rise in Bihar
- Manipur govt suspends ‘Free Movement Regime’ along Myanmar border, asks Center to close it permanently
- Sharad Pawar visits Adani office, residence in Ahmedabad
- AP Skill Development Corporation scam: CID interrogates Chandrababu Naidu in prison
- Two buildings demolished with implosion technology in Hyderabad IT Park
- Bihar: Two SHOs suspended on charges of helping smugglers
- JPMorgan analyst sees oil price surge as high as $150
Vijayawada: Political stalwart NTR remembered
The legendary actor’s centenary celebrations held on a grand note
Vijayawada (NTR district): TDP leaders, functionaries and supporters have celebrated the centenary of late NT Rama Rao, TDP founder and the icon of Telugu people, on Sunday in the erstwhile Krishna district. The TDP leaders garlanded the statues of NT Rama Rao and recollected his services to the Telugu people and the nation.
Vijayawada East MLA Gadde Rammohan, Kesineni Chinni and other leaders garlanded the statue of their party founder at NTR circle in Patamata here and paid floral tributes.
NTR centenary celebrations were held in Vijayawada West Assembly constituency limits under the auspices of former MLC Buddha Venkanna. Venkanna and other leaders cut a cake and greeted NTR fans and the TDP functionaries. They recollected the services of the late NTR to the people of Andhra Pradesh.
Centenary celebrations were held in grand fashion at the office of Vijayawada MP Kesineni Srinivas. TDP State secretary Ganne Venkata Narayana Prasad garlanded NTR’s statue and paid homage. Party leaders belonging to various affiliated associations participated and recollected the services of NTR.
Ganne Prasad greeted the TDP functionaries and NTR’s fans. He said TDP chief Nara Chandrababu Naidu is trying to fulfill the aspirations of late NTR and striving to provide food, cloth and shelter to the poor.
The TDP leaders and fans of NTR celebrated the anniversary in various parts of Vijayawada city.
In Machilipatnam, former MP and Krishna district TDP president Konakalla Narayana and other TDP leaders and functionaries celebrated the birth anniversary. They garlanded the statue of NTR near bus station complex and cut a cake. TDP leaders distributed sarees to the poor.
Speaking on the occasion, Konakalla Narayana said NTR has brought many reforms in the administration and the politics of Andhra Pradesh. He said NTR has given a lot of importance to the backward classes and became the CM of Andhra Pradesh within a short time after forming of the Telugu Desam Party. He said NTR won the hearts of crores of Telugu people with outstanding contributions to the film industry and with able leadership as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
In Jaggaiahpet of the NTR district, the TDP leaders paid rich tributes to NTR by garlanding the statue. Telugu Mahila Jaggaiahpet constituency in-charge Kanneboina Ramalakshmi Prasad and other leaders celebrated the centenary and paid homage to NTR.
Devineni Youth celebrated the birth centenary programme in Reddigudem of the NTR district.