- Navigating Menopausal Changes: A Guide to Managing Urinary and Sexual Health
- Officials told to gear up for pulse polio on March 3
- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- 82.99% attendance recorded for APPSC Group-II exams
- Women entrepreneurs revolutionising India’s start-up scene
- AITS students make a prototype of double pedal operated auto
- Technology & personalised learning in education sector
- 5 top AR applications for Android users
- IIT Kanpur, NMTronics India to launch manufacturing & skills development centre
Six IS terrorist killed in two separate operations in Iraq
Although the Iraqi government had declared victory over Islamic State in December 2017, the IS terrorists are still active in rural areas of central and northern parts of the country.
BAGHDAD: As many as six Islamic State (IS) terrorists were killed in two separate operations carried out by US-led coalition and Iraqi security forces in the northern province of Nineveh on Sunday, country's Army said.
According to the media office of the Joint Operations Command (JOC), four IS terrorists were killed in an airstrike carried out by US-led coalition aircraft on a tunnel used by the terrorists as a hideout in Ayn al-Jahesh area in the south the provincial capital Mosul.
The other two IS terrorists were killed in an anti-terrorism operation carried out by Iraqi security forces in the village of Um Haram in the west of Mosul. An explosive belt, an assault rifle, and the vehicles belonging to the terrorists were confiscated from the scene of the incident, reported Xinhua news agency.
Although the Iraqi government had declared victory over Islamic State in December 2017, the IS terrorists are still active in rural areas of central and northern parts of the country and carry out frequent guerilla attacks against security forces.