- Heart attacks associated with faster cognitive decline over years: Study
- Khap Delegation To Meet With President Murmu To Demand Justice For The Protesting Wrestlers
- Rajini’s Jailer wraps up its shoot
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI nears record 1bn unique users monthly: Report
- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
110 NDRF personnel join to rescue people at the Dharwad building crash
The rescue personnel had pulled out five more bodies, by taking the toll to seven.
DHARWAD: On Wednesday in Dharwad, from the debris of the collapsed four-storey building, the rescue personnel had pulled out five more bodies, by taking the toll to seven.
Officials have said that, at least 30 people, including 12 girls who were at a cyber cafe are still trapped in the rubble, in the eastern part of the building. Special NDRF teams from Bangalore and Ghaziabad are struggling to rescue the girls.
Deepa Cholan, the deputy commissioner had said that, all efforts are being made to save the girls, who have been provided with glucose and water since morning. The responses from the girls, who have been in touch with the rescue officials through the day, was not that encouraging by late evening, she added.
Prakash Kudtarkar, the owner of the cyber cafe had said, "Some girls had come to apply for an online bank examination. After my son came to the shop, I went home for lunch. That's when I heard the building had crashed. My son, too, is trapped."
On Tuesday in Kumareshwar Nagar, 55 people have been rescued after the building came down crashing. Over 110 NDRF personnel had joined the local teams to rescue 27 people, including three women, till Wednesday evening.