- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Former head of MP Shiv Sena unit shot dead
A 70-year-old former head of the Madhya Pradesh Shiv Sena unit has been shot dead by unidentified persons in Indore, police said on Wednesday.
Indore: A 70-year-old former head of the Madhya Pradesh Shiv Sena unit has been shot dead by unidentified persons in Indore, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased, Ramesh Sahu, used to run a roadside food joint in Umdikheda village on Indore-Khandwa road.
Some unidentified persons reached Sahu's eatery late Tuesday night and shot him in the chest, Tejaji Nagar police station in-charge R N S Bhadoria said.
"The reason behind the murder is yet not known. We are probing the incident," he said.
Of late, Sahu was not active in the Shiv Sena, the police official said.
The police are enquiring with his family members and close acquaintances to get some leads in the case, he said.
Sahu was the state Shiv Sena unit head in 1990s and at that time led many agitations.