Modi lashes out at Mamata Banerjee, says she lost her sleep just after two phases of polling
He further criticized Banerjee for permitting people from the "neighboring countries" to campaign for the Trinamool Congress in the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi slammed TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee saying that "speedbreaker didi" has lost her sleep right after the first two phases of the Lok Sabha polls in West Bengal on Saturday.
Modi alleged the Chief Minister of misleading the people in the name of ' ma, mati and manush' (mother, land and people) as he was addressing an election rally at Buniadpur in South Dinajpur district.
"Speedbreaker didi has lost her sleep after the reports that came in post the first and second phase of polling in the state," the Prime Minister told a well-attended rally.
He further lashed Banerjee for permitting people from the "neighboring countries" to campaign for the Trinamool Congress in the state.
"It is shameful that people from neighboring country are campaigning for the TMC. This was done by the party to appease the minority community," Modi added.
The Prime Minister in turn asked Banerjee to collect evidence against those behind chit fund scams as he criticized her for seeking proof of the Balakot air strikes in Pakistan.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard