- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday registered a massive victory in Madhya Pradesh Assembly election, including for two of the three Union Ministers it had fielded.
Bhopal: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday registered a massive victory in Madhya Pradesh Assembly election, including for two of the three Union Ministers it had fielded.
While Union Minsters Narendra Singh Tomar and Prahlad Singh Patel won, their ministerial colleague Faggan Singh Kulaste was not so lucky.
Union Agriculture Minister Tomar, who contested the election from Dhimani Assembly seat of his home district Morena, secured his victory by more than 24,000 votes against BSP candidate Balveer Singh Dandotiya, securing a total of 79,137 votes against Dandotiya’s 54,676 votes.
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries and Jal Shakti Patel registered victory from Narsinghpur Assembly, defeating Congress candidate Lakhan Singh Patel by a margin of 110,226 votes.
BJP national General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, who was also in the election fray, won from Indore -1 seat, defeating sitting Congress MLA Sanjya Shukla by 58,202 votes.
However, Union Minister of State for Rural Development Kulaste, who contested from Niwas Assembly seat of Mandla district, lost to Congress candidate Chain Singh Warkade by 9,723 votes. Warkade secured 99,644 votes while Kulaste got 89,921 votes.
Kulaste has represented the Mandla constituency in the state Assembly multiple times.
As per Election Commission figures, the BJP had won 137 seats in the 230-member house, at 8.30 p.m., and were leading in 30 others. Meanwhile, the Congress had won 44 and were leading in 20 others.