- Venkata Chinna Appalanaidu highlights govt's efforts in providing housing to poor
- Mega job mela on Feb 29 at B Kotthakota
- 57% Indians prefer AI-enabled tools over human interactions
- Are your Cosmetics Expired? Shocking Side Effects you Need to Know
- IIT-D, R Systems International to launch AI centre for sustainable systems
- Top tips to score high in 12th Board Exam
- Tabu, Kareena, Kriti's 'Crew' Teaser Takes Internet by Storm, trending No 1 on YouTube
- Promoting gender equality at workplace
- Things married couples could do in secret
- Croatia’s Luciaja Begic wins Miss World Sports Challenge
Three die after consuming spurious liquor in Sitapur
Three people died and five others were taken ill in the district after drinking spurious liquor, the second such incident in Uttar Pradesh this week.
Sitapur (UP):Three people died and five others were taken ill in the district after drinking spurious liquor, the second such incident in Uttar Pradesh this week.
Superintendent of Police, Sitapur, L R Kumar, said the deaths were reported from Paiteypur and Saidpur villages on Wednesday night.
One person identified as Kanhaiya Kumar has been arrested and investigations are on to establish from where the liquor was sourced, the SP said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Vijay, 30, Sumerilal, 40, and Vinod, 30.
Of the five taken ill, four are in critical condition and have been referred to the Lucknow Trauma Centre.
Earlier this week, spurious liquor claimed 17 lives in Barabanki district.