- US govt shutdown imminent as showdown between GOP & Democrats shows no signs of receding
- Asian Games: China's Ding Liren starts favourite as India doesn't field Gukesh, Pragg in individual competition
- Jatin Dalal resigns as Wipro CFO; Aparna Iyer appointed Chief Financial Officer
- Not very appropriate: Anupriya Patel on Tharoor's women excelling in science and tech sans quota remark
- Rupert Murdoch, the creator of Fox News, is stepping down as head of News Corp and Fox Corp
- Singapore police uncover more gold bars, watches and other assets from money laundering scheme
- YouTube ‘Dream Screen’ tool to soon let AI create videos for Shorts
- Focus on customer-centric approach: RBI to banks
- The link between elephants and Alzheimer's: Insights from nature's giants
- Delhi LG launches portal for speedy action on graft complaints
Udaipur court transfers Kanhaiya Lal murder case to NIA
A district court in Udaipur has transferred the murder case of tailor Kanhaiya Lal to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) as the latter had applied for it earlier.
Udaipur: A district court in Udaipur has transferred the murder case of tailor Kanhaiya Lal to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) as the latter had applied for it earlier.
Following the transfer, the NIA will get custody of the killers, Ghaus Mohammad and Riyaz Jabbar, and then start their interrogation.
Meanwhile, the accused have been shifted from Udaipur to Ajmer's High Security Jail.
Meanwhile, an NIA team reached Kanpur on Thursday night to investigate the murder and raided many places.
This action was taken to investigate the Kanpur connection which was revealed in the documents recovered from the killers.
Internet remained suspended in many districts of Rajasthan for the fifth day on Saturday, while Section 144 has also been imposed for a month to prevent violence.
Meanwhile, the ATS and SOG till date have arrested four accused in Udaipur murder case.
While two accused were arrested on the day of the murder itself, two others were nabbed on Thursday night.