- Vishwak Sen’s ‘Rags Look’ From His 11th Movie Is Unveiled On The Occasion Of Senior NTR’s 100th Birth Anniversary…
- Randeep Hooda’s ‘Swatantrya Veer Savarkar’ Teaser Is Out…
- The 12th edition of the Hyderabad Marathon August 27th this year
- TDP Mahanadu: Chandrababu releases manifesto under the name Bhavishyat ki Guarantee
- Chandrababu Naidu arrives at TDP Mahanadu public meeting, to address the gathering
- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
Union Cabinet Approved BharatNet in 16 states of Country
In the Union Cabinet meeting held on Wednesday, the Viability Gap Funding of Rs 19,041 crore was approved for BharatNet in 16 states of the country.
New Delhi: In the Union Cabinet meeting held on Wednesday, the Viability Gap Funding of Rs 19,041 crore was approved for BharatNet in 16 states of the country.
The Union Cabinet approved the BharatNet implementation strategy through PPP model to provide broadband internet facility to villages in 16 states of the country.
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the government has taken a historic decision in this direction to reach every village on the information highway. Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared from the ramparts of the Red Fort on 15 August that will bring optical fiber broadband through BharatNet in six lakh villages in 1000 days.
The cabinet approved the Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme (Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme).The scheme aims to improve operational efficiency and financial stability of all DISCOMs/Power Departments except private sector DISCOMs by providing conditional financial assistance to strengthen infrastructure.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the cabinet today approved that decision, which was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman two days ago.