Urmila Matondkar joins Congress in presence of Rahul Gandhi
Gandhi welcomed her in the party fold and wished her the best.
New Delhi: Actor Urmila Matondkar Wednesday joined the Congress after meeting party chief Rahul Gandhi at his residence.
Gandhi welcomed her in the party fold and wished her the best. Later, at a press conference, Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said the actor will contribute in spreading the Congress ideology and strengthening the party. "I am here because I believe in the ideology of Congress and what the party stands for. I have not joined the party for the sake of elections," she told reporters. "I am here to stay," she said, adding her entry in the Congress was not about elections.
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources
- Government clears 4 judges name for position to Supreme Court