- Vishnu Manchu's 'Kannappa' second schedule commences in New Zealand
- No question of protecting anyone if FSL report proves allegation: K’taka CM on pro-Pak slogan issue
- Bill Gates visits Microsoft India Development Centre
- Any state or central agency empowered to arrest Shahjahan: Calcutta High Court
- Pankaj Udhas Passes Away from Pancreatic Cancer: What You Need to Know About Early Detection
- WPL 2024: 'Laura Wolvaardt will come into consideration at some point', says Beth Mooney
- UP illegal mining case: CBI summons Akhilesh Yadav as witness on Thursday
- Pro-Pak slogan row: Union Minister Shobha Karandlaje demands NIA probe
- Morning Coffee Dilemma: Why Early Consumption May Harm Your Health
- Anurag Thakur emphasises the importance of sports science at National Centres of Excellence
Young man shoots at anti-CAA protestors
An unidentified man opened fire during a protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). A student of Jamia Millia Islamia has been injured by shooting.
New Delhi: An unidentified man opened fire during a protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). A student of Jamia Millia Islamia has been injured by shooting.
The injured student has been admitted to Holy Family Hospital. It is alleged that the young man opened fire in front of the police, but the police continued to be mute spectators.
According to the information, people were taking out a march against the Citizenship Amendment Act which also included Jamia students.
This march of students was to go to Rajghat. Meanwhile, a man came waving a pistol in his hand. While waving 'katta', this man was shouting - "Yeh lo azaadi" (Here's your freedom).
It is being told that this young man had a desi katta in his hand. A video of this incident has surfaced, which is going viral on social media.
A march was being carried out from Jamia to Rajghat in protest against the CAA. In the meantime, the said incident occurred, causing panic. Delhi Police has arrested the person.
A pistol has been recovered from him. The surprising thing is that even after such a tight security arrangement, the bullet was fired. A large number of police forces are deployed in the entire march area.
Nevertheless, the accused youth could open fire. According to eyewitnesses, the young man was raising slogans of 'Bharat Mata ki Jai, Delhi Police Zindabad and Vande Mataram' while firing.
The man was moving towards the protesters. During this time, the police just kept watching silently.