- Wanted: Biometric system to rein in Late Lateefs in RTOs
- SHE Teams crack down on indecent acts in public
- UoH announces deadline for online programmes
- Visakhapatnam: NTPC to install FGD by year-end
- UoH organises public outreach programme on climate change
- MANUU part-time PhD programmes last date extended
- Medaram Tribal Fair Draws Record Devotees, deities will be taken back to forest abode
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam slashes, check the rates on 24 February, 2024
- Fresh water scheme filter units were inaugurated by Mekathoti Sucharita
- MVV Satyanarayana conducts Padayatra in GVMC ward 19
Nara Lokesh to visit Kakinada
Minister for Rural Development, Panchayat Raj and IT Nara Lokesh would be visiting Kakinada area in East Godavari on Tuesday.According to official sources, the minister would start the tour from R&B guest house in Kakinada at 8.00 am
Kakinada: Minister for Rural Development, Panchayat Raj and IT Nara Lokesh would be visiting Kakinada area in East Godavari on Tuesday.According to official sources, the minister would start the tour from R&B guest house in Kakinada at 8.00 am and reach Medapadu village in Samarlakota mandal by 8.25 am, to inspect underground drainage system and solid water management works. Later, the minister will reach Velangi and declare open protected water scheme take up to the tune of Rs 12 crore.
The minister would also set stone for CCC road to be taken up with a cost of Rs 80 lakh under SC Sub plan funds after declaring protected water scheme open taken up at Karapa, the mandal head quarters village.Lokesh would later address a public meeting after taking part in a photo exhibition in Karapa.The minister would set stone for the protected water supply scheme at Turangi village in Kakinada Rural to be taken up with Rs 10 crore.
He would then participate in inauguration of Anganwadi centre at Valasapakala, in Kakinada Rural. At 3.30, the Minister will participate in the meet to be conducted with sarpanches and officials of Panchyat Raj at Ambedkar Bhavan on Open Defecation Free villages. Later that day he is said to proceed to Amravati.
Youth electrocuted: Kakinada: 21-Year-old Dunna Anil Kumar was electrocuted and sustained more those 50 per cent burn injuries at Valasapakala in Kakinada rural, on Monday evening.According to sources, the youth came in contact with live electric wires in the area while trying to fix a flexi board welcoming the State minister for IT, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Nara Lokesh. Anil was rushed to Kakinada government general hospital for medical aid.