- FBI director meets CBI chief, discusses extradition of suspects wanted by India
- Mountain women live and work with bent backs
- 34 FTOs operating across the country, no shortage of pilots: MoS Civil Aviation
- Kavitha’s tweet on Ram Temple raises eyebrows in political circles
- Corporator Koppula Narasimha Reddy starts inddorngames in Mansoorabad division
- Mangalurean girl excels: Her Short flims to go to Cannes Film Festival
- Telangana Government releases Rythu Bandhu funds
- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
IFFCO Kisan SEZ comes under fire
The TDP district leaders organised Mini-Mahanadu here on Wednesday in which Ministers Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy and Narayana took part. Speaking on the occasion, the Somireddy expressed dissatisfaction over the management of IFFCO Kisan SEZ for not allocating lands to the enthusiastic entrepreneurs.
Nellore: The TDP district leaders organised Mini-Mahanadu here on Wednesday in which Ministers Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy and Narayana took part. Speaking on the occasion, the Somireddy expressed dissatisfaction over the management of IFFCO Kisan SEZ for not allocating lands to the enthusiastic entrepreneurs.
- Somireddy alleges IFFCO acquired lands from farmers for Kisan SEZ at cheaper cost but demanding more from other business firms
- Warns to take up the issue with the central government
- TDP Ministers, MLAs and leaders take part in Mini-Mahanadu
He warned to take up the issue with the central government for a solution. He also stressed on every need to mount pressure on centre for construction of Dugarajapatnam Port in the district which would help in creating employment to the youth besides development of neighbouring Anantapur, Kadapa and Chittoor districts.
Somireddy also said if it is not viable then the central government can consider construction of Ramayapatnam Port which is near to Kavali. The Minister also said that even BMR Group had sought land to set up an agro-related firm from the Kisan SEZ but the management had demanded Rs 60 lakh per acre.
The BMR Group had shifted their unit to other place, he added. The Minister pointed out that though the Kisan SEZ had acquired lands from the farmers at Rs 35,000 per acre for the benefit of farm-related activity. He alleged that the management had failed to utilise the lands for the last 25 years.
He said that they would bring the SEZ issue to the notice of Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu for necessary support. TDP district president and MLC Beeda Ravichandra Yadav, legislators K Ramakrishna, P Srinivasulu Reddy, P Sunil, former Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy and former legislators P Rathnam, M Sridhar Krishna Reddy and other leaders were present.