- Don’t fall prey to cyber traps, Goa CM urges youth
- FBI director meets CBI chief, discusses extradition of suspects wanted by India
- Mountain women live and work with bent backs
- 34 FTOs operating across the country, no shortage of pilots: MoS Civil Aviation
- Kavitha’s tweet on Ram Temple raises eyebrows in political circles
- Corporator Koppula Narasimha Reddy starts inddorngames in Mansoorabad division
- Mangalurean girl excels: Her Short flims to go to Cannes Film Festival
- Telangana Government releases Rythu Bandhu funds
- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
Housewife seeks protection from relatives
A housewife is facing life threat from her relatives–paternal uncle, his sons and paternal aunt–to snatch her land and property which she had inherited from her father three years ago following his death. She and her husband survived three attempts on life.
Kurnool: A housewife is facing life threat from her relatives–paternal uncle, his sons and paternal aunt–to snatch her land and property which she had inherited from her father three years ago following his death. She and her husband survived three attempts on life.
She along with her mother and husband left Johrapuram village leaving the property anticipating more threats from relatives. She was identified as Rekha of Joharapuram on the outskirts of the city. Following the death of her father, she inherited 3.57 acres of land. She is the only daughter to her parents.
When lodged a complaint with the police, the relatives allegedly exercised their political power on the police and ensured that no case was registered against them. The relatives also targeted her husband to push her into a helpless situation. Besides, they mounted pressure on her to withdraw complaint against them. Rekha, who could not stand her relatives making three bids on her life as well as that of her husband, filed a private complaint against her relatives in the court seeking action against them through the police.
Even as the trial is under way, her relatives targeted her again. She along with her husband and media lodged a complaint with the III town police on Thursday. She told the media that her aunt, paternal uncle and his sons were solely responsible if anything happens to her.
By V Rammohan