- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
APERC interactive session with stakeholders today
Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC) will hold an interactive session with the stakeholders and electricity users at Hotel Taj Gateway here on Monday.
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC) will hold an interactive session with the stakeholders and electricity users at Hotel Taj Gateway here on Monday.
Supreme Court judge Justice N V Ramana will take part in the interactive session and also release a publication in English and Telugu of the APERC which deals with compensation to be paid to the victims of electricity accidents.
The APERC has formulated regulatory framework mandating payment of compensation to the victims in the state. There has been a long-pending demand from farmers and other victims of electricity accidents for payment of compensation.
Every year, about 500 people die and several hundred sustain injuries due to electrical accidents in the state.In this backdrop, the APERC has decided to pay compensation to the kin of the victims or the victims and formulated a framework in this regard.
Justice N V Ramana will address the gathering during the interactive session with key stakeholders of power sector at 11 am, said A Chandrasekhar Reddy, CEO, State Energy Conservation Mission, in a release on Sunday. He said APERC chairman Justice G Bhavani Prasad, Member of APERC Ajay Jain, Adviser, Energy, K Ranganatham, CMDs of discoms and other officials will be present on the occasion.