- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Perpetrators of violence against women should be punished
Stringent and quick action should be taken against offenders, who commit heinous crimes against women, opined State Women’s Commission Chairperson Nannapaneni Rajakumari. She participated in an awareness camp conducted on women welfare schemes here on Thursday.
Srikakulam: Stringent and quick action should be taken against offenders, who commit heinous crimes against women, opined State Women’s Commission Chairperson Nannapaneni Rajakumari. She participated in an awareness camp conducted on women welfare schemes here on Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion, she expressed objection over showing women as cruel in TV serials in different roles. She discussed various laws relating to women safety, matrimonial relations and suggested women not to resort to legal forums on petty issues which will strain sensitive relations between wife and husband.
She suggested to mothers not to give smart phones to their children as they spoiling them. District Collector K Dhanunjaya Reddy explained welfare measures taken up by the district administration.
SC Corporation Chairman Jupudi Prabhakara Rao, Government Whip Kuna Ravi Kumar, Zilla Parishad Chairperson Ch Dhanalaxmi also spoke. Women Commission Chairperson listened to problems of women who attended the meeting and issued directions to officials concerned.