- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Need to eradicate social discrimination stressed
Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes chairperson V Anitha urged the officials and people to extend their cooperation for eradicating caste discrimination in the State.
Kadapa: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes chairperson V Anitha urged the officials and people to extend their cooperation for eradicating caste discrimination in the State.
Members of Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes call upon officials to take measures
to protect the lands allotted to Dalits
Committee members led by chairperson Anitha visited Kadapa on Saturday to pursue how the rule of reservation is being implemented and received representations from the people. Later addressing a meeting, Anitha said even 68 years after Independence, still the downtrodden were being subjected to suppression by the upper castes in the society.
She recalled that most of the lands which were given to the SCs and STs for irrigation purpose were being encroached by some sections. She directed Collector T Babu Rao Naidu to ensure that the lands of Dalits which were occupied by others were handed over to the real beneficiaries.
She also directed him to ensure that lands are allocated to SCs and STs as per the government norms. She said that it is high time for officials and people to ensure social justice. Members of APLSC visited Kodandarama Swamy temple in Ontimitta and Peda Darga in Kadapa town and offered special prayers.
Committee members A Narayana Swamy, J Sivakumari, Rajampet RDO Veera Brahmam, Social Welfare Department Saraswathi and others were present.