- Fashion beyond the runway with India’s first fashion festival
- Nifty records all-time high
- International Women’s Day 2024: History, Significance, and Theme
- ‘Vyooham’ review: RGV mark political sattire
- Must take permission before launching AI models, safeguard electoral process: Centre to Big Tech
- 5 Sleep Strategies for Diabetics: Manage Blood Sugar Naturally
- B’luru cafe blast a rehearsal, indicative of impending attacks: BJP leader CT Ravi
- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
- India should now move to higher poverty line: Author of Brookings report
- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
SCS by April 6 or we’ll quit, Jagan ultimatum to NDA govt
Increasing heat on the Centre, YSRC president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday announced that all his MPs would resign on April 6 if NDA does not bestow special category status (SCS) by then.
Nellore: Increasing heat on the Centre, YSRC president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday announced that all his MPs would resign on April 6 if NDA does not bestow special category status (SCS) by then.
Jaganmohan Reddy has already announced his party’s programme of action to press for special category status which would be his party MPs’ battle cry in Parliament.
Addressing a public meeting at Kaligiri in Nellore district during his padayatra, the YSRC chief said: "If SCS is not given to our state by April 5, our MPs will quit the next day. Status is our life, elixir for many problems which the state is facing after bifurcation.”
He said that the MPs would continue protests during the budget session in both the Houses of Parliament for one full month and submit their resignations the following day if the Centre remains quiet on the demand for SCS.
At a high-level meeting on Monday night, the YSRC chief had announced that party workers would stage protests at Collectors’ offices in the state on March 1 besides a dharna at the CM’s office in Vijayawada. This would be followed by a dharna by MPs, MLAs and other important leaders at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on March 5.