- IIT Delhi, IIM Rohtak improve in NIRF ranking
- How to Install iOS 17 Developer Beta on iPhone
- Webb telescope detects universe's most distant 'smoke' molecules
- RBI's MPC starts deliberations on policy rate, decision on Thursday
- Google working to fix Pixel Watch's backplate falling issue
- Aarthi Agarwal Biography: Age, Career, Family, Husband, Divorce, Death, Images, Movies
- WTC Final: Whoever adapts better with conditions will win the match, feels Virat Kohli
- Ambati Rayudu keeps political parties in Telugu states guessing
- Hyderabad: Don’t befriend burqa-clad woman, Raja Singh suggests Hindu women
- Bhavana’s next gets a crazy title
Agitating contract electricity workers held
Police arrested electrical contract workers after the AITUC and CITU gave a call to picket the APEPDCL office here on Wednesday.
Visakhapatnam: Police arrested electrical contract workers after the AITUC and CITU gave a call to picket the APEPDCL office here on Wednesday.
It may be recalled that the contract electrical employees were on a relay hunger strike from the past 10 days in front GVMC in the city demanding regularisation of their services. As there is no response from the government, the AITUC and CITU called upon the workers for picketing.
Police arrested AITUC leader P Ramana, CITU leader RKSV Kumar and others. Later, they shifted them to III Town and IV Town police stations. The contract workers as a part of their agitation, took out a rally from GVMC to EPDCL office. But police arrested the workers at various places.
The trade union leaders stated that the state government is not responding though 30,000 contract employees are taking part in the relay hunger strike in a peaceful manner across the state for their genuine demands since 10 days.