- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
AP to have 1Lac E-Vehicles
As part of rapid transformation to make AP 100 percent green and pollution- free, state government is planning to take lead in the country by introducing 1 lakh Electric Vehicles which is expected to create a massive employment of over 1.05 lakh jobs in future.
Amaravati: As part of rapid transformation to make AP 100 percent green and pollution- free, state government is planning to take lead in the country by introducing 1 lakh Electric Vehicles which is expected to create a massive employment of over 1.05 lakh jobs in future.
As a result of the efforts of state government on the target of introducing 1 lakh E-Vehicles, which is top in the entire county, the Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has agreed in principle to invest a capital cost of Rs 10,250 crores in AP with operational investment of Rs 2.000 crores per year for 1 lakh E-cars.
AP, which has declared a war on pollution, now aims to emerge as a hub for the electric mobility ecosystem in the country. As the energy source is cleaner and cheaper than oil, driving cost (electricity only) for electric vehicle is Rs 0.89/km which is Rs 4.40/km for conventional vehicles.
During a teleconference with Energy Department Officials on Sunday, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has directed the department to prepare a comprehensive action plan to lease and use the 1 Lakh electric vehicles in a phased manner.
“All government departments should go for E-Vehicles which would later extend to private sector as well. AP state, which has been ranked number one in Ease of Doing Business, energy efficiency, promotion of renewable energy sources, 24X7 quality power supply, now focusing on attaining number 1 position in the world in the usage of electric vehicles. We should create a world record even in usage of E-Vehicles,” he said.