- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Rural MLA refuses to attend probe
K Sridhar Reddy, Nellore Rural MLA, has vehemently opposed attending the investigation process even though police served notice on him rescheduling for Thursday morning. Consequently, tension prevailed at YSRCP rural MLA’s office as rumours spread that cops would arrest the MLA.
Nellore: K Sridhar Reddy, Nellore Rural MLA, has vehemently opposed attending the investigation process even though police served notice on him rescheduling for Thursday morning. Consequently, tension prevailed at YSRCP rural MLA’s office as rumours spread that cops would arrest the MLA.
It may be recalled that the YSRCP MLA heavily came down on the District SP on Wednesday for serving notices and on Thursday he categorically announced that he would not adhere to the notices. Interacting with the media persons at the party office he said that the ruling party leaders are harassing legislators of the opposition and as part of the efforts the police had served notices.
“I am not attending the investigation as the police asked. They earlier had served notices during Nandyal by-poll to me and to the city MLA. The SP is acting on the directions of the Minister Narayana for tarnishing the image of the opposition leaders. “We have decided not to attend the bogus investigation,” said the legislator.
He added that they don’t obtain even stay orders from the court for obstructing investigation process of the cops in cricket betting case. Sridhar Reddy said they don’t care even fake cases booked against them saying they would fight with the support of the people. He dared the Minister Narayana to contest from the Nellore rural constituency if he has guts.
City MLA Dr P Anil Kumar said leaders have recently started harassment against the opposition leaders. He also said there was no such tendency of booking false cases earlier. He suggested to the Minister to learn healthy politics from matured leaders of his party. Further, District unit of AP Police Officer’s Association condemned criticism by the Nellore Rural MLA Sridhar Reddy against the SP and the other police officials. They said the legislator can take legal action rather criticising openly which is inappropriate.
They also said that the MLA raised doubts on deaths of some police personnel linking with pressure mounted by the officers. The MLA should have responded eight months ago on his doubts not at the time of receiving notices, the association pointed out. Members M Prasad Rao, M Gangadhar and others demanded unconditional apologies from the legislator for making baseless remarks against the SP and the police officials.