- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
- ChatGPT Presents Read Aloud Feature for Web and Mobile Versions
- Hand over Sheikh Shahjahan to CBI today: Calcutta HC tells Bengal police
Fleet A team winners of relay swimming
The mass swimming competition ‘Jal Taran-2017-18’, was conducted by INS Circars under the aegis of headquarters, Eastern Naval Command (ENC), on Friday. Fleet- ‘A’ team was declared as the winners in the relay while local ashore’ team was adjudged as the runners up.
Visakhapatnam: The mass swimming competition ‘Jal Taran-2017-18’, was conducted by INS Circars under the aegis of headquarters, Eastern Naval Command (ENC), on Friday. Fleet- ‘A’ team was declared as the winners in the relay while local ashore’ team was adjudged as the runners up.
The aquatics event which aims to enhance the physical fitness of naval personnel and inculcate competitive team spirit had the enthusiastic participation where in 60 personnel each from local ashore, fleet ‘A’, fleet ‘B’ submarines and Naval Officer-in-Charge (Andhra Pradesh) teams took part in a keenly contested competition. Rear Adm Deepak Kapoor, Chief Staff Officer ENC gave away prizes and awarded the trophies to the winning individuals and teams.
This is one of the most sought after events in the command and is competed by all teams. The competition included three races, the first being a relay championship which was a mass swimming event with participation from different age groups followed by two individual events of 100 mtrs and 50 mtrs freestyle open race for those who are above 50 years.