- Elon Musk X Platform Set for Algorithm Overhaul; Details
- Delhi HC seeks Centre's reply on plea against notification imposing restrictions on women for change of surname
- Telangana Food Lab Confirms Contaminated Chocolate
- 'Phir Aayi Hasseen Dillruba': Kanika Dhillon unmasks the real Dinesh Pandit
- New investments in semiconductor chips will remain in Asia but moving away from China: Moody's Analytics
- IndiaTech partners T9L to launch early-stage incubation programme for startups
- K’taka CM accepts controversial caste census report ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Cabinet approves Rs 150 crore to set up global big cat alliance
- X App Audio and Video Calling Functionality Explained
- 12-member panel to supervise inventory of Ratna Bhandar
Life term for Chintu in attempt on CK Babu life
Chintu alias Chandrasekhar, an accused in attempt on the life of former Congress MLA C K Babu was convicted and sentenced to life by 9th Additional Court Judge Kaparthi here on Monday. Another 15 accused in the case were acquitted.
Chittoor: Chintu alias Chandrasekhar, an accused in attempt on the life of former Congress MLA C K Babu was convicted and sentenced to life by 9th Additional Court Judge Kaparthi here on Monday. Another 15 accused in the case were acquitted.
The judgement comes after nine years after the incident, in which one person died and eight others injured in a bomb blast aimed at C K Babu. The main accused (A1) accused Katari Mohan was allegedly murdered by Chintu three years ago.
Chintu, who is also the main accused in the murder case of Chittoor mayor K Hemalatha and her husband Katari Mohan, has been in Kadapa central jail.
The bomb blast took place on December 30, 2007 at the residence of Babu. K Mohan and Chintu along with 15 others were booked in the attempt to murder case. Meanwhile, police have taken steps to prevent any violent reaction from the supporters of Chintu by bind over them.