- Rapid Obesity Surge: India Faces Alarming Projections by 2030
- Google temporarily reinstates all delisted apps after Centre's intervention
- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
Villagers protest over suspicious death of a man
Tension prevailed on National Highway No.40 as a group of people staged rasta roko on Monday evening. The protesters belonged to Buddayapalle village in Khajipet mandal.
Kadapa: Tension prevailed on National Highway No.40 as a group of people staged rasta roko on Monday evening. The protesters belonged to Buddayapalle village in Khajipet mandal.
They took part in the protest demanding action against those belonging to higher caste for their alleged involvement in the murder of K Vijayakumar, a native of their village and a Dalit.
Following their protest, there was a traffic jam for more than half-an-hour on the National Highway. According to the sources, Vijayakumar who belonged to scheduled caste reportedly married a girl who belonged to the upper caste. The protesters alleged that those who belonged to the upper caste murdered Vijayakumar and threw his body on railway track.
On seeing the dead body on the track, some local people lodged a complaint with the police. As the news spread at Buddayapalle, tension prevailed for some time in the village.