- India, US hold Homeland Security Dialogue to discuss terrorism, money laundering
- Sandeshkhali can't be equated with land movements in Singur or Nandigram, hints Mamata Banerjee
- Coal India, BHEL join hands to set up ammonium nitrate plant based on coal gasification technology
- Over 80 pc Indian adults underestimate shingles risk: Report
- Police have played crucial role in the transformation of UP’s image: Yogi Adityanath
- Bill Gates, Smriti Irani at 'good nutrition' event in Delhi on Feb 29
- ‘Science is universal but technology must be local’: PM Modi’s 'words from the past' draw attention
- KIUG 2023: Literally running for life, the story of Nagaraj Venkatesha
- SC orders TN govt to properly train police officers on collection of digital evidence
- Calcutta HC allows central fact-finding team, LoP to visit Sandeshkhali
Actor Sivaji vows to continue fight for Special Category Status
Film actor Sivaji has announced that he would continue his fight for the Special Category Status (SCS) for the state despite threat to his life from the BJP.
Vijayawada: Film actor Sivaji has announced that he would continue his fight for the Special Category Status (SCS) for the state despite threat to his life from the BJP. He made an emotional speech in the Round Table conference organised by the PratyekaHoda, VibhajanaHameela Sadhana Samiti at IV Palace here on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, Sivaji said that he would continue in the film industry and would not join any political party in the fight for the SCS. The film actor said that he was ready to sacrifice his life for the SCS for the state and added he has love and affection for the state because it had given him so much.
Stating Andhra Pradesh was the rice bowl of India and was bifurcated against the wishes of the people, the actor alleged the BJP was trying to create rift among Telugu people and planning to buy media, third grade leaders of parties and leaders of some caste based organisations.
He warned the BJP would have to pay heavy price if they resort to create rift among people, parties and PratyekaHoda, HameelaVibhajana Sadhana Samiti.