- ‘Sharathulu Varthisthai’ trailer connects to every middle-class person
- ‘Premalu’ trailer: Hilarious
- ‘Bhimaa’pre-release event sets the stage for a grand release
- Utilise the Integrated Veg and non veg market.public urge the government
- Minister Ponnam Prabhakar Takes Surprise Ride, Engages with Passengers on RTC Bus Journey
- Shraddha Das mesmerizes in vibrant Orange saree
- Nani’s ‘Saripoda Sanivaaram’slated for August 29 release
- 50 people join in YSRCP in GVMC ward 21 in presence of MVV Satyanarayana
- MVV Satyanarayana asks cadre to support YSRCP and make Jagan CM again
- Eluru Jana Sena leader Appalanaidu pacifies cadre
All parties block National Highways in Vijayawada
Members of political parties including the CPM, CPI, YSRCP, Congress, TDP and Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samiti blocked National Highways for nearly two hours at various centres in the city on Thursday demanding Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh.
Vijayawada: Members of political parties including the CPM, CPI, YSRCP, Congress, TDP and Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samiti blocked National Highways for nearly two hours at various centres in the city on Thursday demanding Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh.
Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the stretch of Chennai-Howrah and Vijayawada-Hyderabad National Highways causing inconvenience to commuters.
CPM state secretary P Madhu, CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna, actor Sivaji, TDP youth leader Devineni Avinash, former MLAs of YSRCP Malladi Vishnu and Samineni Udayabhanu, Mahila Congress chief Sunkara Padmashree and several leaders were present in the road blockade.
The Left party leaders stopped the vehicles at Kanakadurga Varadhi while TDP leaders led by Devineni Avinash blocked the road at Ramavarappadu Ring Centre. The leaders of Left and Congress played games on the road as part of novel protest.
Madhu said that they would observe hunger strike soon and added the TDP had to join hands with left parties after sensing the mood of the people. CPI’s Ramakrishna said the people were ready to fight against the Centre for SCS and added that Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao was playing unethical role at the present juncture.