- Nearing breakthrough: 58m debris removed, pipe pushed for Silkyara tunnel rescue, says NDMA
- India Shelter Finance, DOMS Industries, 3 others get Sebi nod to float IPOs
- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
- HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt's stand on PIL against gender-specific eligibility for B.Sc (Hons) nursing course
- BRICS CCI WE announces Global Women Leadership Programme to empower women professionals and entrepreneurs
Plea to hold elections to Panchayats in Guntur: CPM
CPM district secretary Pasam Rama Rao demanded that the government conduct elections to the gram Panchayats without delay He addressed a meeting held at the CPM office in Guntur city
Guntur: CPM district secretary Pasam Rama Rao demanded that the government conduct elections to the gram Panchayats without delay. He addressed a meeting held at the CPM office in Guntur city.
He said that the term of the gram Panchayat had already completed. “It is better to conduct elections to the Panchayats,” he opined.
He found fault with the government for imposing special officers’ rule in the gram Panchayats. He reminded that the government did not conduct elections to the GMC since 2010.
As a result, the development took a back seat in Guntur city. He demanded that the government take this matter into consideration and conduct elections to the gram Panchayats immediately.