- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
World Photography Day today : MP Kesineni Srinivas inaugurates photo expo at CCVA
MP Kesineni Srinivas Nani inaugurated the world photography celebrations and anniversary of Andhra Pradesh Photography at the Cultural Centre of Vijayawada and Amaravati on Saturday
Vijayawada: MP Kesineni Srinivas (Nani) inaugurated the world photography celebrations and anniversary of Andhra Pradesh Photography at the Cultural Centre of Vijayawada and Amaravati on Saturday.
Hundreds of photos shot by the photographers of two Telugu states displayed in a photo exhibition on the occasion.
Addressing the gathering, Kesineni Srinivas said photography is a great art and complemented the photographers for taking beautiful photos, which were exhibited at the CCVA.
He said photographic skills of Telugu photographers are on par with the international standards. Andhra Pradesh Photography Academy (APPA) president M Venkateswara Rao presided over the celebrations.
APPA general secretary T Srinivasa Reddy said the APPA has completed 50 years of its formation and entered the 51st year on Saturday.
He recalled that former Chief Minister N T Rama Rao has scrapped many academies but photography academy was not scrapped because it is very valuable and useful to society.
He said the APPA has first time conducted photography contest in 1967 and been encouraging the photographers since five decades.
Photographer Kusuma Kumar was felicitated and presented with life time achievement award on the occasion.
MP, photographers and organisers paid homage to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee by garlanding his portrait and recalled the services of the departed leader.