- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Waltair Division dispatches relief material to Kerala from Vizag
The Waltair Division of East Coast Railway dispatched 22 tonnes of relief material to flood hit areas in Kerala
Visakhapatnam: The Waltair Division of East Coast Railway dispatched 22 tonnes of relief material to flood-hit areas in Kerala.
The material, which was contributed by local NGOs and collected by the railway authorities, was transported by Alleppy-Dhanbad Bokaro Express and Visakhapatnam-Kollam Express here on Saturday.
The material would be handed over to respective District Collectors at destinations to distribute in flood affected areas.
The relief material include food grains, dry fruits, garments, medicines, cleaning and sanitary material.
As of now, around 22 tonnes of relief material was sent from Visakhapatnam and Rayagada Railway Stations in which about 16 tonnes of relief material was sent to Eranakulam by Bokaro Express and six tonnes of relief material was sent to Kollam by Visakhapatnam-Kollam Express, said DRM Mukul Saran Mathur.
Railway employees, NGOs and district authorities contributed the relief material. On voluntary basis, Waltair Division Railway employees are donating their one day salary, he added.