Mathru Bhasha Dinotsavam celebrated in Maris Stella College in Vijayawada
To mark the birth anniversary of Sri Gidugu Ramamurthy Panthulu, the department of Telugu of Maris Stella College organised Mathru Bhasha Dinotsavam on the college premises on Wednesday
Vijayawada: To mark the birth anniversary of Sri Gidugu Ramamurthy Panthulu, the department of Telugu of Maris Stella College organised Mathru Bhasha Dinotsavam on the college premises on Wednesday.
The chief guest of the programme E Sivanagi Reddy, CEO, Cultural Centre of Vijayawada and Amaravati explained about the development of Telugu language by Gidugu Ramamurthy.
Gidugu Ramamurthy was a Telugu writer and one of the earliest modern Telugu linguists and social visionary.
He campaigned for the cause of using a language comprehensible to the common man. Hence students should respect Telugu language and learn it perfectly, he added.
Dr P Usha explained the importance of celebrating Mathru Bhasha Dinotsavam.
Cultural programmes by the students highlighted the importance of Telugu poetry.
Dr N Manga Devi, Dr Neeraja and students were present.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh