- TDP-Janasena Alliance Unveils First List of Candidates for Assembly Elections
- Remembering the Legendary Sridevi: A Cinematic Icon's Timeless Legacy
- GSTN to share data with RBI’s credit platform
- Nifty-500 club clocks 25% growth in Q3
- CM warns GHMC, HMDA officials, calls for swift action on pending matters
- Priyanka to launch two guarantees on Feb 27
- Jyothika likely to get more offers from B-town after ‘Shaitaan’
- Parties walk a tightrope to zero in on candidates
- Rathnavelu comes on board for Ram Charan-Buchibabu film
- Nellore TDP leader conducts Babu Surety Bhavishyat ki guarantee program at ABM Compound
High Court directs Vijayawada cops to act against MLA Bonda Uma
The Hyderabad High Court on Wednesday directed the Vijayawada city police to take proper action against MLA Bonda Umamaheswara Rao and his wife Bonda Sujatha along with seven of his followers in connection with allegations of land grabbing
Vijayawada: The Hyderabad High Court on Wednesday directed the Vijayawada city police to take proper action against MLA Bonda Umamaheswara Rao and his wife Bonda Sujatha along with seven of his followers in connection with allegations of land grabbing.
The High Court gave this direction to the city police following a complaint lodged by RamireddyKoteswara Rao. The petitioner approached the High Court stating that the city police did not take any action against the MLA and his followers.
He lodged the complaint against them that his land documents were tampered. In his petition, Koteswara Rao said though he lodged a complaint with the city police and brought the issue to the notice of the higher officials, they did not take any action.
According to sources, the followers of MLA also decided to approach the High Court. Already MLA Bonda Umamaheswara Rao submitted his arguments with the police department in the past. The MLA said that some people showed the land as their land offered him for sale. However, the MLA said that he canceled the agreement after learning the facts.
CPM demands Bonda Uma’s resignation: The leaders of CPM demanded the resignation of MLA Bonda Umamaheswara Rao following the land grabbing allegations.
Addressing the media here on Wednesday, CPM state leader Ch Babu Rao demanded the TDP chief to suspend him from the party. He said that Umamaheswara Rao should resign to his MLA post owning moral responsibility for the allegations. He also demanded that the government remove the MLA as TTD Trust Board member.