- Prakasam Bhavan gets ISO 9001 certificate
- Hospitals burst at seams as seasonal diseases grip RR
- Hyderabad: Lakhs throng to catch sight of Khairatabad Maha Ganesh
- Parvathipuram: NSS cadets organise rally
- Landslide at KK line hits train movement
- Ten Courts Building Complex inaugurated in Visakhapatnam
- Motkupally protests arrest of Naidu
- 30-minute exercise daily will keep you healthy: Additional SP
- Hyderabad: Pandit Sagar Tripathi to receive Rahmath-e-Alam Peace Award, 2023
- Ganesha Awards Committee visits continue
Leftist parties burn Modi, Naidu effigies
Demanding the implementation of promises made in AP State Bifurcation Act, CPI and CPM organised a bike rally here on Friday
Eluru: Demanding the implementation of promises made in AP State Bifurcation Act, CPI and CPM organised a bike rally here on Friday.
The agitators burnt the effigies of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu holding them responsible for denial of Special Category Status to the State.
The leaders ridiculed Naidu for honouring several BJP leaders and also hailing the so-called special package sanctioned by the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.
City CPM secretary Kishore and his CPI counterpart D Prabhakar led the rally.
They alleged that Narendra Modi and Chandrababu Naidu had come to power by promising SCS.
But, suddenly, after coming to power, they chanted special package mantra. The TDP had appreciated the package as the best thing offered to the state by the NDA.
They reminded the people that the TDP had arrested activists of Left parties when they were agitating with a demand to accord SCS.
Now, the TDP realized that it would be suicidal to take special package stand and stage managing protests against the Centre.
Both TDP and BJP had been indulging in drama in this aspect, they alleged.