ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Four of a family die of electric shock 

Four of a family die of electric shock 
Highlights

Four members of a family died of electric shock at Kottarouthupeta village in Laveru mandalin Srikakulam districton Sunday The deceased were identified as Aabothula Ramudu 55, Aabothula Punyavathi 50, Aabothula Bangaramma 45 and Kommu Venkanna 48 of the same village

Srikakulam: Four members of a family died of electric shock at Kottarouthupeta village in Laveru mandal in Srikakulam district on Sunday. The deceased were identified as Aabothula Ramudu (55), Aabothula Punyavathi (50), Aabothula Bangaramma (45) and Kommu Venkanna (48) of the same village.

Marriage of Kommu Venkanna was scheduled to be performed with daughter of Ramudu on February 9 at the village. In this backdrop on Sunday evening, the four went to banana field to cut a banana tree and set up the branches in front of their homes. While they were cutting, they accidentally came into contact with collapsing electric high tension wires and died on the spot.

After some time, family members and villagers came to know about the tragedy and informed the police. Villagers and relatives of the deceased are accusing electricity department officials for their negligence and not restoring high tension wires to proper place despite complaints lodged earlier.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top