- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
AP Govt to pay AgriGold small depositors
In a good news to small depositors of AgriGold company, the Andhra Pradesh government decided to pay deposits of less than Rs 10,000
Vijayawada: In a good news to small depositors of AgriGold company, the Andhra Pradesh government decided to pay deposits of less than Rs 10,000.
The state government issued orders in this effect on Thursday. It may be recalled the state government had earlier decided to pay to the small depositors directly under the supervision of the court.
The CID in its investigation estimated that the AgriGold collected Rs 6,380 crore from 32 lakh depositors. Out of which 10 lakh depositors have deposited less than Rs 10,000. The government decided to allocate Rs 250 crore for payments.