Bentley Bentayga to launch on Thursday
British luxury car-maker Bentley Motors will launch its first SUV Bentayga in India on April 21. The Bentayga is 5.14 metres long, with a wheelbase of nearly three metres.
British luxury car-maker Bentley Motors will launch its first SUV Bentayga in India on April 21. The Bentayga is 5.14 metres long, with a wheelbase of nearly three metres. It is based on an iteration of the VW Group's new MLB-Evo platform for large vehicles that has already been used for Audi's new Q7 and will be seen in the all-new Cayenne.
An all-new twin-turbocharged 6.0-litre W12 engine develops 600bhp and a mammoth 900Nm of torque mated to an eight-speed transmission. The SUV sprints 0-100kmph in 4.1 seconds before hitting a top speed of 301kmph.
The carmaker has allocated 20 cars for India for 2016 and the first customers of the Bentayga are mostly current Bentley owners and brand loyalists, who have been given first preference. First deliveries are likely to begin in June this year.
The base models for the Bentayga are expected to be priced around Rs 3.75 crore, while the well-equipped ones are likely to cost upwards of Rs 5 crore (estimated ex-showroom price). When launched, the Bentayga will be the most expensive SUV sold in the country.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students