- Delhi HC dismisses plea for transfer of matter, says grounds must be reasonable
- CAQM Sub-Committee reverses GRAP stage-III air quality measures in Delhi-NCR
- Military Lit Festival to be inaugurated on December 2 in Punjab
- BHEL signs MoU with EDF France for collaboration on Jaitapur NPP
- HSBC facing a 'hit' of over £6.3 bn as a result of unsecured commercial property loans into China: Report
- ECI non-committal over Mizoram NGO body’s demand to move counting date from Sunday
- AWS launches palm-scanning authentication service for companies
- Three held for assaulting students of DAV school in Patna
- Deal for anti-missile/anti-aircraft point defence weapon system for Indian Navy signed
- Climate change to spur bat expansion, rabies virus spillover in US: Study
Sonam preferred acting to modelling
Sonam Kapoor says she turned down a modelling offer by ace photographer-producer Atul Kasbekar to pursue a career in acting. Sonam, daughter of actor Anil Kapoor, forayed into Bollywood with Ranbir Kapoor in 2007 with \"Saawariya\".
Actress Sonam Kapoor says she turned down a modelling offer by ace photographer-producer Atul Kasbekar to pursue a career in acting.
Sonam, daughter of actor Anil Kapoor, forayed into Bollywood with Ranbir Kapoor in 2007 with "Saawariya".
During an appearance on an episode of "Vogue BFFs", she said: "I remember it was at a party which was for a cosmetic company, in 2006, I think. This tall person walks up to me which is Atul and he's like, 'Oh my God, do you want to model?' I had just started acting in 'Saawariya'. And I wasn't out at all, publicly, because my parents had kept me away from the press and the paps (paparazzi) and everything."
"So nobody knew what I looked like or anything," the ‘Khoobsurat’ star added. "One of my friends was a make-up artist, so I just went for her party, just for fun! Nobody took pictures of me at that point. And I have Atul walking up to me and saying, 'Do you want to model?' So I told him, 'I am already acting in a movie!'."
To that, Kasbekar told her: "Ok, good...good." The episode will air on Saturday on Colors Infinity