- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
China stocks go lower
China Stocks Go Lower, Chinese shares closed lower on Friday as the country\'s slowing growth continued to weigh on market sentiment.
Beijing: Chinese shares closed lower on Friday as the country's slowing growth continued to weigh on market sentiment.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index went down 1.6 percent to end at 3,092.35 points, and the Shenzhen Component Index lost 3.26 percent to close at 9,904.76 points, Xinhua news agency reported.
Total turnover on the two bourses came in at 561.8 billion yuan ($88 billion), up from the 540 billion the previous trading day.
A preliminary Caixin survey showed the flash China general manufacturing PMI plunged to a 78-month low of 47.0 in September from 47.3 in August, pointing to prolonged weakness in the economy that renewed concerns about the country's growth prospects.
Rumours of IPO restarts in the morning session sent the stock down by 2.5 percent at one point, but it slightly recovered later after the securities association of China dismissed the news.
Securities shares fell across the board, with Citic Securities Co. and Guotai Junan Securities both down 3.4 percent to end the day at 13.3 yuan and 18.4 yuan, respectively.
The ChiNext Index, which tracks China's NASDAQ-style board of growth enterprises, declined 4.06 percent to close at 2,020.97 points.